Here at the Media Collective, we have several summer birthdays. Because of this, we have decided to release our Please Try Alternatives to Television in Lieu of Birthday Gifts Log to the world. It is a new idea we’re trying for this year’s round of birthdays. Hopefully we get some people to participate.
If you need to change something on the form, you can download and edit this Rich Text Format version. Please send us your changes. We would love to see them!
The idea is simple:
- Send people a link to the form with your birthday wishes/reminders.
- Have people get mad at the prospect of giving up their precious televisions.
- Check up on people to see how many hours they have given up and the activities they have done.
- Receive completed forms before your next birthday.
- Congratulate people who complete the task.
That’s it. It’s really that simple. If you decide to use this for your birthday, please let us know. We’d love to hear from you and we will post any results you happen to send our way. We will do the same if we get anything as well.