The first of many fluxus workshops deals with the event score; markings on paper articulating theatre.
A sample event score we used previously would be as follows:
Kite String Tangle – (TJ)
- Needed: String, buttons
- Cue: Hand someone string: “Keep this taut”
- Tie kite string to various parts of Foam City, leaving ends loose tied to buttons / Throughout the evening, hand strings to people / Get them to shuffle seats / Tangle / Cut free
If we deconstruct this particular format, we are left with:
- Necessary items, props, materials, concepts, etc.
- How to initiate this particular event score.
- An abstract of the event score using descriptive verbs.
When you write your event scores, don’t forget these elements. Refer to this page if necessary. Bookmark it now. Like it. Tweet it. Staple it. Never feel ashamed due to lack of memory.
Want to verbally express your theatrical contribution? Give us a call at 312-DRY-TOFU. It’s a voicemail art line. Call day or night.