Here is an archived project. We are working on other theatre projects at the moment. Please sign-up for our mailing list to learn about these projects.
We are looking for artists, satirists, playwrights, poets, actresses, short story writers, actors, novelists, extemporaneous creators, instrumental musicians, comedians, audience members, and anyone else who loves creativity!
Knickerbocker Theatre meets Mondays after work (around 6PM – ???) at the Knickerbocker Saloon to produce new material (poetry, prose, zines, scenes, monologues, journalism), provide feedback on old, perform improvisations, and build a rapport with other local creatives. Come by for an hour. Stop by for two. Blow in to drop off a few stories. There is no front-end time commitment.
The last Monday of each month will be an experimental performance showcasing the material that was worked on at that month’s weekly meetings.
Can’t make it to a Monday? Call our voicemail art project, 312-DRY-TOFU (312-379-8638), to contribute via the phone. We will play your audio contribution on stage (pending audio quality). All calls will make it into our 312-DRY-TOFU show.
The current list of Knickerbocker Theatre Modular Comportments.
- Knickerbocker Write Club: May 30th, 2011
- Knickerbocker Write Club: June 27th, 2011
- Knickerbocker Write Club: July 25th, 2011
- Knickerbocker Write Club: August 29th, 2011
- Knickerbocker Write Club: September 26th, 2011
- Knickerbocker Write Club: October 24th, 2011
- Knickerbocker Write Club: November 28th, 2011
Inspiration, Motivation, and Idea Pools:
- Write Club Chicago – We stole the battle idea from these people.
- The Paper Machete (a live magazine) – Interesting way to spend a Saturday at 3PM.
- Found Magazine – The fascinating publication that collects what others throw away.
- Write Club Atlanta – A spin-off of the Chicago Write Club. They have a podcast.
- Greg Allen’s 25 Rules for Creating Good Theater – A great list of items to think about when creating theatre. From a Chicago Neo-Futurist.
- New York Neo Futurists’ Plays – A peek into the writing style of the NY Neo-Futurists