A tradition we have is to interview the campus patrons on the Friday before the Monday classes start. It is a magical and enchanting evening filled with stories of the summer, serendipitous encounters, and the hope that this semester will be more positive than the previous.
This particular year, we focused on asking people why they were in the Greater Lafayette area, why they chose Purdue University, and their impressions of the urbanscape.
A few things we learned while conducting these interviews:
- Fast paced to slower paced environment.
- I chose this place because of Purdue.
- Major difference between Illinois and Indiana? Slow. Different.
- Go America. Live for freedom.
- Until we done, we turn up.
- Brian Lamb is from Lafayette and people know this.
- Recruiters like Purdue because graduates are so willing to move wherever they off them a job.
- Home Owners Association of West Lafayette
- If students are your main economy, you need to feed the economy.
We hope you enjoy the meanderings we had throughout the evening as much as we did.