The Media Collective recently had the pleasure of attending the Ye Olde Drunkards Medieval Spelling Bee on March 26th, 2011. The event was held at the Black Sparrow Pub, the ashiest bar floor in town™.
We recorded some of the noises, interviewed the spelling keeper (Kate), runner-up, the queen bee speller, and bore witness to a birthday speech. All of which is contained in the audio below.
Some of what we learned:
- Fans become upset when their obsessions lose
- Analog girls like Web 10
- Your body will react to what you ingest, even if you speak the Queen’s English
- Heavilon Hall is the key place to advertise if you want people to be there
- Love your alphabet, language, read all you can, and teach everyone you know and love to read
- When you’re a man and it’s your birthday, you’ll speak about civil war, women, bullets, testicles, and impregnation
Enjoy and remember, if you tread the straight and narrow, be careful in the Black Sparrow.